paperdollmom

paperdollmom

Into the Woods

Into the Woods - Lyn Gardner, Mini Grey

Written by: Lyn Gardner

(Read and reviewed in June 2009)

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

I stumbled upon this book, purchasing it by impulse (I can't contain myself when I come in contact with fairytales!). I was not disappointed. This is by far the best fairytale I have read in such a long time. The book had everything- adventure, mystery, frightening parts, along with sisterly bonds that were unbreakable! Even though there were hints of other tales mentioned here and there, entwined within the story- Into the Woods is a story all in itself that I couldn't put down. I was enthralled at Lyn Gardner's creativity from beginning to end, and loving how she was able to keep the feel of an old-time fairytale within the pages of something so new and original. It will, like other reviews mentioned, be loved mainly by girls, as the story focuses around three main characters who are sisters. However, there is enough scare, wolves, and an evil Dr. to entertain the boys as well! Plus, it is just one of those stories that will intrigue those of all ages. I am 31, and loved it, and can't wait to read it to my little girls who are 4 and 6. I wish Gardner would write another!